Rules of the challenge
For Fitness Sake is open to people of all ages and abilities. Here are the rules and guidelines of the challenge.
- You don’t have to exercise every day. You can complete your kilometres on any day(s) during the 10 days from 1st to 10th March.
- You don’t have to stick to one form of exercise. You can mix it up with various activities like walking, running, swimming or cycling. For example, you could complete a triathlon over the 10 days and set yourself a target to cycle 65km, run 30km and swim 5km.
- You don’t have to move 100km. When you register, you can set your own personal goal to suit your abilities and fitness level, whether it's 25km, 50km, 100km or another distance of your choice.
- People of all ages can take part. People under the age of 18 must complete the challenge with parental supervision.
- You log your kilometres from the 1st to 10th March. If those dates do not allow you to take part then you can set your own challenge timings to participate (throughout March).
- You can log your kilometres with apps such as MapMyFitness and Strava, your Fitbit / fitness tracking device or a pedometer.
- You can take part solo or with a team. You could grab some colleagues and walk on your lunch break, complete the challenge with friends or join your family for some outdoor exercise!